Label

The History of Mt Lookout, WV

Monday, December 5, 2011

Mt. Lookout General Store

I was asked recently if I had any pictures and information on the old General Store in Mt. Lookout. What I know is very limited. Here is the information that I have gleaned from others (Debbie Fraley). It was built in 1901 by Walter Legg and served as the General Store and the Post Office. It is now owned by John and Mary Bethune as Gauley River Pottery. Here are a couple of photos that I have.


 According to what I have been told that is Walter Legg in the front on the right and Pete Legg in the back on the right. I have no idea who the other two are.



If anyone has more pictures or information on the store I would love to hear it.

Emory

1 comment:

  1. So the store was the Mount Lookout General store til the 70's, and then the Poke and Tote in the 80's, Chicos in the 90's and Gauley River Pottery in 2000. I'd like to see more pictures of the recent history too.

    ReplyDelete